Top 15 Things We’ll Tell Our Grandkids
1. Back in my day, we only needed 140 characters.
2. There used to be so much snow up here, you could strap a board to your feet and slide all the way down.
3. Televised contents gave cash prizes to whoever could store the most data in their head.
4. Well, the screens were bigger, but they only showed movies at certain times of day.
5. We all had one, but nobody actually used it. Come to think of it, I bet my Linkedin profile is still out there on the Web somewhere.
7. Our bodies were made of meat and supported by little sticks of calcium.
8. You used to keep files right on your computer, and you had to go back to that same computer to access them!
9. Is that the new iPhone 27G? Does it have multitasking yet?
10. I just can’t get used to this darn vat-grown steak. Texture ain’t right.
11. Radio? It was a one-man version of Spotify.
12. We used to chop down trees and write yesterday’s news on them. Luckily, that was banned just before you were born.
13. I for one welcomed our new alien overlords.
14. Your grandma and me met a bar. It was a kind of “Second Life beta”, but with actual liquid drinks and smelly people.
15. Back in my day, “Skynet” was still known as “Google”.
First 10 entries courtesy of Wired magazine, Oct. 2009.
Comments are closed.